Project Initiation and the Project Charter (PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition)
Existing project managers pursuing certification in recognition of their skills and experience, or others training to become accredited project managers
Collaboration, coordination, and consolidation are terms to describe integration. Project Integration Management is the Knowledge Area that coordinates with various Process Groups to ensure that each project is managed in a unified and consolidated way. The intention is to have processes interact smoothly. In this course, learners will be given an overview of the Project Integration Management Knowledge Area. They’ll be introduced to best practices outlined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) Fifth Edition published by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Specifically, learners will be introduced to Project Integration Management and its processes, the project charter, including the statement of work and business case. They’ll also be introduced to the project management plan. This course provides a foundational knowledge base reflecting the most up-to-date project management information so learners can effectively put principles to work at their own organizations. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the PMI® certification exam. This course is aligned with the PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition, published by PMI®, Inc., 2013. Copyright and all rights reserved. Material from this publication has been reproduced with the permission of PMI®.
What is Project Integration Management?
- describe the role of Project Integration Management in a project
- recognize key concepts related to how the Project Integration Management processes are linked
- describe the relationship between the project charter and the project management plan
- identify types of business needs that may trigger project creation
- identify examples of the inputs to the Develop Project Charter process
- describe how to use expert judgment when developing a project charter
- list the elements of a project charter
- identify the inputs to the Develop Project Management Plan process
- recognize the types of information that should be included in a project management plan
- demonstrate your understanding of the planning process within the Project Integration Management Process Group