Project Stakeholder Management (PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition)
Existing project managers pursuing certification in recognition of their skills and experience, or others training to become accredited project managers
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
A project can be worthless if the right people aren’t involved from the beginning. Project Stakeholder Management focuses on making sure that the right stakeholders are identified, that stakeholder requirements are captured and incorporated into the work of the project, and that appropriate stakeholders participate in relevant project activities. Successful project managers use project stakeholder management throughout the project life cycle to appropriately engage stakeholders, manage expectations, and ensure that the project gets what it needs from stakeholders, and stakeholders get what they need from the project. This course highlights the importance of project stakeholder management to project performance. Through interactive learning strategies and realistic scenarios, the learner will explore these concepts and gain a better understanding of the inputs to, the tools and techniques for, and the outputs of the Project Stakeholder Management processes. Specifically, learners will be introduced to the first two processes in the Project Stakeholder Management Knowledge Area Identify Stakeholders and Plan Stakeholder Management. Learners will be introduced to best practices outlined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition published by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). This course provides a foundational knowledge base reflecting the most up-to-date project management information so learners can effectively put principles to work at their own organizations. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the PMI® certification exam.
This course is aligned with the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition, published by PMI®, Inc., 2013. Copyright and all rights reserved. Material from this publication has been reproduced with the permission of PMI®.
Introduction to Stakeholder Management
- recognize the primary purpose of each process within the Project Stakeholder Management Knowledge Area
- determine which stakeholders are relevant to a project
- match the types of information needed to create a stakeholder register with the input to the Identify Stakeholders process in which you are likely to obtain that information
- recognize how to use appropriate techniques to verify and refine information obtained from inputs to the Identify Stakeholders process
- perform a stakeholder analysis for a project
- distinguish types of relevant stakeholder information included in a stakeholder register template
Plan Stakeholder Management
- recognize the key benefit of the Plan Stakeholder Management process
- recognize examples of information contained in the inputs to the Plan Stakeholder Management process
- determine which stakeholders demonstrate an engagement gap, given a scenario
- determine the appropriate strategy for reaching desired stakeholder engagement level in a scenario
- identify examples of the outputs of the Plan Stakeholder Management process