Protecting Windows 7 Against Malware and Vulnerabilities
This course is aimed at individuals with experience working in Windows networked environments who are undertaking high level Windows desktop administration certification, and possibly Windows Server Enterprise Support certification. The customer base will also include companies using Microsoft Windows desktop and server systems that need their IT staff certified to a high level.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course provides the desktop support technician with guidelines for preventing the infection of client systems by malicious software, how to identify possible infections, and an overview of the tools available to resolve any infection. It will also detail how Windows Firewall can be used to block unwanted content, but allow needed programs and services to be accessed. Also covered are the configuration options provided by the Advanced Security Snap-In, which provides advanced rules and monitoring settings for remote or standalone client systems but can also be configured through Group Policy in the Enterprise environment. To ensure overall vulnerability management of the operating system this course also stresses the importance of the Windows Update process, and provides the information needed to configure Windows Update, verify installed updates, or remove troublesome updates.
This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Microsoft exam: 70-685 Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician. Passing this exam will earn the learner Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician certification.
Preventing Malicious Attacks in Windows 7
- identify malware on a system for a given scenario
- identify the features of client and enterprise level malware protection tools
- recognize how to verify and configure firewall operations
- add a firewall exception
- locate and determine the causes of unexpected system activity
- implement malware control measures for a given scenario
- manage a Windows 7 firewall
Preventing Windows 7 Vulnerability Issues
- identify how to manage Windows Updates at the client and enterprise level
- recognize methods of troubleshooting common Windows Update issues
- manage Windows Updates
- troubleshoot common Windows 7 Updates issues