Provisioning SQL Databases (M20765)
- Individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases, performing database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or who work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
- Individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. You will cover SQL Server 2016 provision both on-premise and in Azure, and youll cover installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20765: Provisioning SQL Databases, and it can assist you in your preparation for Exam 70-765: Provisioning SQL Databases
GK Digital Learning is also available with digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC). Click here to purchase.
1. SQL Server 2016 Components
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- Overview of SQL Server Architecture
- SQL Server Services and Configuration Options
2. Installing SQL Server 2016
- Considerations for Installing SQL Server
- TempDB Files
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- Automating Installation
3. Upgrading SQL Server to SQL Server 2016
- Upgrade Requirements
- Upgrade SQL Server Services
- Migrating SQL Server Data and Applications
4. Deploying SQL Server on Microsoft Azure
- SQL Server Virtual Machines in Azure
- Deploying an Azure SQL Database
- Migrating an On-Premise Database to an Azure SQL Database
5. Working with Databases
- Overview of SQL Server Databases
- Creating Databases
- Database Files and Filegroups
- Moving Database Files
- Buffer Pool Extension
6. Database Storage Options
- SQL Server Storage Performance
- SMB Fileshare
- SQL Server Storage in Azure
- Stretch Databases
7. Performing Database Maintenance
- Ensuring Database Integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance