Querying XML Data with XPath and XQuery
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The XML Path Language, XPath, is designed to allow the developer to select specific parts of an XML document. XPath is also used extensively with the XML query language, or XQuery. This course will cover how to use these languages to both navigate and query XML data. Specific topics covered include XPath basics, XPath functions, as well XQuery built-in and user-defined functions. Attention is also given to XQuery support in Microsoft’s SQL Server relational database server.
Navigating XML with XPath
- recognize which properties apply to the XPath node types
- recognize how to use XPath expressions
- recognize how to use common XPath functions
- query XML data with XPath
Querying XML Data with XQuery
- recognize how to use various types of XQuery expressions
- use basic built-in XQuery functions
- create an XQuery function
- recognize when to use the built-in methods of the XML data type
- query XML data with XQuery