Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning Exam (EX442)
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resource utilization through performance tuning
- An RHCE interested in earning Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or have comparable work experience and skills (Red Hat Certified Engineer would be even better)
- Have taken the Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning (RH442) course or have extensive work experience in performance tuning
- Review the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning exam (EX442) objectives
All candidates are strongly advised to take RH442 Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning in advance of attempting this exam and are further advised to gain practical experience with the skills covered in that class prior to attempting the exam.
This exam tests candidates’ ability to use standard system tools to analyze the performance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and applications running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and to use standard system tools and mechanisms to modify the behavior of the system and applications for the purpose of improving system performance.
Red Hat recommends that candidates earn Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) before attempting this exam but neither is required.
Note: Global Knowledge and Red Hat do not guarantee that anyone who takes one or all of the courses in the Red Hat certification program will pass a Red Hat exam. On-the-job experience, in combination with high-quality training, is the best way to build skills and prepare for a Red Hat exam. The exam itself is a hands-on learning experience, and many of those who do not pass on the first try come away with knowledge of what they need to work on to pass the exam on a re-take.
Please contact us for more details.