Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403)
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
In this course, you will learn how to use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration. You should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience, since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
1. Red Hat Satellite installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
2. Red Hat Satellite organization
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
3. Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
4. Incorporate software management into SDLC
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
5. Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
6. Configuration management with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
7. Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
Note: The course outline is subject to change as technology changes.