Regional Settings and Configuration in SharePoint 2010
Developers who use Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and consultants who provide consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Candidates for the exam should have a the following prerequisites: Exam 70-573: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Application Development, 3 years ASP.NET experience, 2 years experience developing with SharePoint 2007, and experience leading a development team.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides insight into working with multilingual content and regional settings in SharePoint. Also, the course covers how to store configuration information for SharePoint applications. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-576: PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications. Passing this exam will earn the learner (MCPD): SharePoint Developer 2010 certification.
Regional Settings and Globalization in SharePoint 2010
- describe the role of resource files in SharePoint 2010
- work with localization and regional settings
- work with the multilingual user interface in SharePoint 2010
- work with variations in SharePoint 2010
- implement localization and regional settings
- work with multilingual content
Application Configuration Approaches
- work with the web.config files for SharePoint web applications
- create a supplemental CONFIG file in SharePoint 2010
- compare persisted objects with property bags as storage options for configuration elements
- work with SharePoint configuration files
- recognize configuration data storage approaches for SharePoint