All personnel in regulated industries
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Essentially, all workplaces have safety and health standards that have been imposed by federal and state authorities. The intent of these workplace standards and requirements is to protect the health and welfare of individual employees. This course will explain how safety requirements for workplaces are established and how they are enforced. The training will also discuss important regulatory agencies and their jurisdictions. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. You will learn about the scope and purpose of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, how regulatory standards are established, OSHA inspection and enforcement methods, and other organizations that establish safety regulations that impact the workplace.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
- identify the scope and purpose of OSHA
- indicate how regulatory standards are established
- recognize the types of inspection and enforcement activities OSHA performs
- identify organizations that establish safety regulations that impact the workplace
- identify nonregulatory organizations that establish safety regulations that impact the workplace