Rigging Equipment and Inspection
Employees involved in hoisting and rigging activities in the workplace
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Securing, lifting, and moving materials can be a hazardous occupation. It’s important workers involved with hoisting and rigging activities are aware of the elements of safe rigging practice as outlined by OSHA’s safety regulations and standards. In this course, you’ll learn about using rigging in a safe and responsible manner. Learner objectives are to identify rigging hazards and the PPE used to protect against those hazards, and to recognize the proper selection, inspection, and storage of rigging equipment.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
Using Rigging in the Workplace
- identify types of hazards associated with using rigging equipment
- match examples of PPE to the type of hazard protection provided
Selecting, Inspecting, and Storing Rigging
- identify the three types of criteria used to select rigging equipment
- understand how to inspect rigging equipment
- understand when to inspect rigging equipment
- identify methods for proper storage of rigging equipment