Project team members involved in implementing SAP; trainee technical consultants on SAP implementation projects; and anyone requiring an overview of the SAP solution set.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
SAP administration tasks are essential to ensuring optimum performance and security in an SAP system. This course introduces the most common tasks for System Administrators in SAP, including work process configuration, error investigation, and system monitoring, as well as user management, role assignment, and other tasks necessary to ensure the security of information within in the system.
This course focuses on the use of SAP R/3, and offers additional information about the upgrades and enhancements available in SAP ERP 6.0.
System Monitoring in SAP R/3
- identify which monitoring tool will allow you to examine a given type of information
- recognize which status the Process Overview screen will display for a work process in a given situation
- recognize how to configure a work process in a given scenario
- identify which column in the User List screen provides a given type of information
- recognize how to terminate a user session using the User Overview monitor
- recognize how to customize a system log report to display specified messages for particular servers, in a given scenario
- recognize which color codes represent the various system log message types
- recognize how to access a specified list of errors using the Runtime Error monitor
- recognize how to access specific information from the short dump
- identify the section of the short dump that provides a given type of information
- use SAP R/3 monitoring tools to address system performance issues in given scenarios
- use SAP R/3 monitoring tools to access information about system events in given scenarios
User Administration in SAP R/3
- recognize how to create a new user in SAP R/3
- perform key steps to change a user’s password in SAP R/3
- recognize the security features provided by roles and profiles in SAP R/3
- create and assign roles and profiles to SAP R/3 users in a given scenario
- set up a user in the SAP R/3 system, in a given scenario
- associate a role to an SAP R/3 user in a given scenario