SAP ERP Architecture
Project team members involved in implementing SAP; trainee technical consultants on SAP implementation projects; and anyone requiring an overview of the SAP solution set
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The SAP ERP architecture has evolved and been refined over a number of decades. This course primarily discusses the SAP R/3 client-server architecture in the context of work processes, SAP R/3 instances, and system landscapes as well as the NetWeaver components that have been introduced to extend SAP R/3 capabilities. It explores how the various SAP systems can be configured to fit your business needs and budget.
This course focuses on the use of SAP R/3, and offers additional information about the upgrades offered in SAP ERP 6.0, particularly the evolution of the R/3 architecture to web services, or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
SAP R/3 and NetWeaver Architecture
- match components of the SAP R/3 application layer with their functions
- determine which SAP R/3 configuration is most appropriate in a given scenario
- determine which components are applicable at different layers of the client/server architecture, in a given scenario
- associate the components of work processes with their functions
- recognize how work processes function in SAP R/3
- determine the SAP R/3 system landscape and its associated R/3 instances in a given scenario
- determine which NetWeaver configuration will meet given business needs
- identify which NetWeaver components will address given business needs
- define an SAP landscape for a given scenario