Securing and Deploying WPF Applications with Visual Basic 2010
All organizations or individual consultants who are using or intend to use the .NET Framework 4 with Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Basic 2010 to develop Windows applications; corporate employees, consultants, and university or college students who are preparing for the associated Technology Specialist (TS): Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 exam (70-511).
A good knowledge of Visual Basic 2010 and familiarity with Visual Studio, having a minimum one year’s experience working with these technologies.
The ability to properly secure, debug and deploy applications to a variety of user environments is a necessity. This course examines how applications are tested and secured as well as how they are deployed and managed after they are built. Specific areas covered include debugging and securing Applications, creating and configuring deployment options, and managing how updates are made.
This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Technology Specialist (TS): Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 exam (70-511). Passing this exam will earn the learner the MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications certification.
Debugging and Securing Applications
- recognize how to use AutomationPeer to enable automation for WPFcontrol
- recognize how to use the WPF Tree Visualizer
- recognize how to debug an application with IntelliTrace
- recognize how to use the PresentationTraceSources class to enable tracing in a WPF application
- recognize how to create a Software Restriction Policy (SRP)
- recognize how to implement User Account Control (UAC)
- recognize how to enable Code Access Security (CAS) policy for an application
- recognize how to test and debug Windows applications
- implement access security
Deploying and Configuring Windows Applications
- recognize which WPF application deployment method to use in a given scenario
- deploy a standalone application using Windows Installer
- recognize how to deploy XBAPs
- recognize how to add and remove specific icons to the project
- recognize how to set conditional installation and add predefined launch conditions
- recognize how to add and remove custom actions, and to improve the action by adding error-handling code
- recognize key characteristics of ClickOnce application deployment
- deploy an application using ClickOnce
- use Windows Installer to deploy a standalone application
- add launch conditions based on the .NET framework version for Windows installer
- use ClickOnce to deploy an application
- enable ClickOnce Security Settings