Security Personnel: Responding to Potential Threats
Employees who perform facility security functions as part of their job
This course is intended for all employees who perform facility security functions and who serve to protect those around them. It explores a variety of tools that can be used to defuse or handle potentially dangerous situations. It covers subtle but important warning signs that there could be imminent danger present in an environment, and the level of response that such events and threats require.
This course was developed with subject matter provided by Eric L. Matson of Norsemen Training & Consulting Group, a global professional services company focusing on corporate, business and personal safety training.
The R.O.A.R. Model
- recognize indicators of a potential security incident or risk
- recognize body language that may indicate a potential threat
- prepare effectively to ensure your safety and the safety of those you are charged with protecting
- recognize levels of resistance in a potentially threatening situation
- recognize the levels of force that might be necessary when dealing with threatening individuals
- identify important information to include when reporting an incident