SharePoint 2010 New Features for End Users
End users with SharePoint 2007 experience
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 contains a number of new features and enhancements specifically geared at improving the end user experience. These include enhanced remote file-editing capabilities using Web Apps and mobile devices, improvements to team sites, and enhancements in social computing. This course explores the SharePoint Server 2010 interface, including the introduction of the Ribbon, already available in Office, as well as changes to team sites and common interface elements. In addition, this course examines enhancements in social computing via My Sites, expertise sharing, tagging, and notes. Collaboration using the Office Web Apps, mobile devices, SharePoint Workspace, and enterprise wikis, as well as improvements to the calendar, are also covered.
New and Enhanced Features for End Users
- recognize the main changes to the SharePoint 2010 interface
- use the Ribbon to manage documents in SharePoint 2010
- recognize the features of My Site
- recognize the new and improved collaboration features of SharePoint 2010
- use new features in SharePoint 2010, given a scenario