Sharepoint 2010 SP1: Configuring and Administering Search
The audience profile for SkillSoft’s SharePoint 2010 SP1: Configuring training will be Windows Server administrators tasked with installing, configuring, and managing SharePoint Server 2010 SP1, SharePoint Online, and all supporting Servers and Services (such as Windows Server, SQL Server etc).
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 SP1 is a business platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides the essentials to configure and manage Search for SharePoint 2010. The course will cover how to configure crawl schedules, iFilters, crawl rules, content sources, scopes, managed properties, content types, search components, index partitioning and federated search locations . This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-667 (TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring). Passing this exam will earn the learner MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Configuration certification.
Search for SharePoint 2010
- initialize Search in SharePoint Foundation
- identify the considerations involved in using Search for SharePoint Foundation
- identify the components of the Search Application Topology page
- match the Search Service Application Topology with its description
- recognize how to administer Search for SharePoint Server for given scenarios
- configure Search for SharePoint Foundation
- configure Search for SharePoint Server
Refining Search for SharePoint 2010
- differentiate between site level and service application level search administration options
- match the key features of FAST to their descriptions
- classify the key steps to install FAST for SharePoint under the major installation tasks
- determine how to administer Search for a given scenario
- recognize how to implement FAST for SharePoint Server 2010