Sharepoint 2010 SP1: Configuring Site Collections
The audience profile for SkillSoft’s SharePoint 2010 SP1: Configuring training will be Windows Server administrators tasked with installing, configuring, and managing SharePoint Server 2010 SP1, SharePoint Online, and all supporting Servers and Services (such as Windows Server, SQL Server etc).
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 SP1 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course covers creating and managing site collections created in SharePoint. Also covered is user security for SharePoint. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-667 (TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring). Passing this exam will earn the learner MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Configuration certification.
SharePoint 2010 Site Collections
- match the site creation options offered by SharePoint to their descriptions
- manage site creation and maintenance
- recognize how to create site collections
- determine the correct approach to site creation for a given scenario
- recognize how to set up site collections for given scenarios
User Accounts and Roles
- match the groups of users to the levels at which they have administrative permissions
- identify the sets of permissions that administrators use to grant users access to site content
- identify SharePoint default security groups
- recognize how to manage permission levels in SharePoint 2010
- recognize how to manage SharePoint 2010 security groups
- recognize SharePoint User Security options
- administer SharePoint permission levels and security groups