SharePoint 2010 SP1: Deployment Topology and Availability
Senior server administrators and technical leads tasked with planning and deployment of SharePoint 2010 SP1 and SharePoint Online. They should have a minimum of two years’ experience in planning, deploying, and administering SharePoint 2010 environments and have taken and passed exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 SP1 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides insight to planning SharePoint deployment topology and availability. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-668 (PRO: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Administration). Passing this exam will earn the learner MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010 certification.
Deployment Topologies in SharePoint 2010
- match reference architectures in SharePoint 2010 with their descriptions
- match the factors to consider in determining the type of farm to deploy in SharePoint 2010 with corresponding examples
- recognize the steps in planning for virtual architectures
- recognize the steps to create a virtualization plan
- specify a plan for SharePoint farm deployments
- specify a plan for virtual SharePoint deployments
Planning Availability in SharePoint 2010
- define the SharePoint availability and strategy level
- identify the key concepts relating to planning for availability in SharePoint 2010
- recognize how to plan for database availability in SharePoint 2010
- define the concept of failover clusters in SharePoint 2010
- define the concept of network load balancing in SharePoint 2010
- define a plan for SharePoint availability
- recognize the concepts of failover clusters and Network Load Balancing in SharePoint 2010