Sharepoint 2010 SP1: Installation and Configuration
The audience profile for SkillSoft’s SharePoint 2010 SP1: Configuring training will be Windows Server administrators tasked with installing, configuring, and managing SharePoint Server 2010 SP1, SharePoint Online, and all supporting Servers and Services (such as Windows Server, SQL Server etc).
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 SP1 is the business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide business intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides an overview of SharePoint Server 2010 architecture and the basic requirements to set up a SharePoint Server 2010 within your organization. The course also demonstrates how to set up and use the configuration tools to deploy SharePoint Server 2010 for the first time. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-667 (TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring). Passing this exam will earn the learner MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Configuration certification.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Architecture
- classify the elements of SharePoint Server 2010 architecture as either logical or physical
- identify the roles of SharePoint servers
- match the SharePoint 2010 server farm topologies to their descriptions
- distinguish between products of SharePoint 2010
- recognize basic system requirements for SharePoint 2010
- recognize the architectural features of SharePoint 2010
- identify the different products of SharePoint and their systems requirements
Installing Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- recognize how to prepare for a SharePoint 2010 installation
- distinguish between Standalone and Server farm SharePoint installations
- configure an installation of SharePoint 2010
- identify and resolve common configuration wizard issues
- recognize how to centrally administer SharePoint 2010 after installation
- identify the methods used to configure and test outgoing e-mail notifications in SharePoint 2010
- prepare for a SharePoint 2010 installation
- use the Microsoft SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard
- administer SharePoint 2010 after installation