Sharepoint 2010 SP1: Planning for Search
Senior server administrators and technical leads tasked with planning and deployment of SharePoint 2010 SP1 and SharePoint Online. They should have a minimum of two years’ experience in planning, deploying, and administering SharePoint 2010 environments and have taken and passed exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 SP1 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides insight to planning for search for SharePoint 2010 SP1. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-668 (PRO: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Administration). Passing this exam will earn the learner MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010 certification.
Defining Search Requirements
- match the search technologies to their descriptions
- sequence the design steps involved in determining a basic design for a SharePoint Server 2010 search architecture
- define a SharePoint Search Solution for a given scenario
Designing Enterprise Search
- recognize the considerations involved in designing a Search Topology
- match the logical components with their corresponding servers in a search architecture
- identify the scale out decision points in SharePoint 2010 search architectures
- specify how to create a scalable SharePoint search solution