SharePoint Server 2010 Object Model
Developers who use Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and consultants tasked with providing consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. They should have proficient knowledge of Visual Studio 2008/2010.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides insight into the SharePoint Server Object Model, LINQ integration, and the key query classes for data modeling. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-573 (Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development). Passing this exam will earn the learner MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Application Development certification.
Interacting with the Server Object Model
- implement LINQ with SharePoint
- populate a grid control with data from a LINQ query
- write to content databases using LINQ-to-SharePoint
- compare the two ways of querying Microsoft SharePoint Foundation data in server-side code
- customize list forms, list views, and columns with the SharePoint list data model
- specify custom field types as they relate to the SharePoint list data model
- access list items in the same site
- integrate LINQ with SharePoint
- define the list data model and query classes
Using the Object Model and XML for Queries
- recognize an implementation of SPQuery class
- recognize an implementation of SPSiteDataQuery class
- perform a complex data retrieval operation using the SPQuery class
- recognize what the schema.xml file is used for in SharePoint
- recognize examples of schema.xml
- work with query classes
- define schema management