Six Sigma Projects and Project Teams
Members of top management, vice presidents, directors, divisional managers and senior functional managers selected to work directly as Champions or potential Champions
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
“Managers are people who do things right, while leaders are people who do the right thing,” says Warren Bennis, Ph.D. in his book “On Becoming a Leader.” Champions are leaders. Selecting the right Six Sigma projects and the right people, and leading them to achieve business goals, is vital to the leadership of Champions.
This course deals with these important roles of Champions. It also provides Champions with a toolkit to measure and analyze a project thoroughly before it is selected for Six Sigma improvement. The roadmap for selecting Black Belts and other team members needed to build a winning project team is also explored. Champions will learn how to shape and align the dynamics of their sponsored team to the organization’s business goals. Finally, the course demonstrates the all-important Champion role of acting as a conduit between project teams and top management.
Six Sigma Project Selection
- recognize the benefits of effective project selection
- sequence examples of the steps in the metric selection process
- select the best Six Sigma projects for a given scenario using predetermined metrics
- recognize the essential elements in drafting a charter for a selected project
Building Six Sigma Project Teams
- recognize the importance of the Six Sigma Champion’s role in selecting and building project teams
- determine the composition of a Six Sigma team, for a given scenario, by selecting suitable Black Belt candidates and team members
- manage the team building process in a given scenario
- apply strategic leadership competencies for Six Sigma success