SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access Advanced Administration
- System engineers, channel partners, service partners, and end users
- SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access Basic Administration
- An active CSSA certification in SMA
- Basic understanding of networking and networking technologies and the technologies being used in your environment or the environments of your customers
- Comfort with basic command-line utilities
- Familiarity with SSL, certificates, and certificate authorities
- Basic understanding of directories (LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, or RADIUS)
- Basic understanding of VPN technology (IPSec and SSL)
- Have a current CSSA level certification from either the SMABA or legacy SRABA course.
Note: You will be tested on this material.
In this course, you will connect to your own iOS or Droid mobile device to access the Mobile Connect client for hands-on participation. You will learn to administer and manage the Secure Mobile Access (SMA) appliance to provide secure, anywhere access to applications and resources for employees, business partners, and other users. You will cover using the Appliance Management Console (AMC) to provide users with secure access to any application-from corporate laptops or un-managed computers-based on secure authentication and authorization policies and appropriate end point control requirements. Students will further learn advanced deployment options and troubleshooting methodologies.
Upon completion of this course, you are encouraged to take the Certified SonicWALL System Professional(CSSP) exam.
For registrations using an application key, you cannot register online; you must call to complete your registration.
1. Course Introduction
- Course Introduction
2. SMABA Review
- Review: Installation
- Review: Authentication Servers
- Review: User Management
- Review: Access Methods
- Review: Resources and Access Control Rules
- Review: Workplace Portal
3. Advanced Concepts
- Adv: Auth Servers and User Management
- Adv: Access Methods
4. End Point Control
- Overview: End Point Control
- Device Profiles
5. Application Access Control
- Overview: Mobile Connect
- Mobile Connect Features
- Application Access Control Configuration
6. System Administration
- Network Configuration and Logging
- System Monitoring and Maintenance
- Security Best Practices