Starting Up, Initiating and Directing a Project (PRINCE2®: 2009-aligned)
All levels of employees or individuals who intend to write the PRINCE2: 2009 Foundation exam and those who wish to acquire the skills necessary to successfully participate in a project management team using the PRINCE2 methodology
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Every good system is based on a framework or architecture that governs its progression from start-up through pulling together all the sub-systems that work together to achieve a desired result. The PRINCE2 project management system is no exception. Its framework consists of seven distinctive processes that define the management activities of a project’s life cycle. They encompass all activities related to starting up, directing, initiating, controlling, managing a stage boundary and closing a project. The seven processes provide a consistent set of guidelines that represent the minimum requirements for a properly managed project. They may be applied to various types of projects and are completely scalable to projects of any size.
PRINCE2 is recognized as an international standard for process-based project management. It is the standard method for project management in the UK. This course is designed to assist learners in preparation for the PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam objectives under the Processes area, and explores three of the seven processes, namely Starting up a Project, Directing a Project and Initiating a Project.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Starting Up a Project
- identify the purpose of the Starting up a Project process
- recognize how PRINCE2 principles are supported within the Starting up a Project process
- match PRINCE2 roles with corresponding responsibilities within the activities of the Starting up a Project process
Directing a Project
- identify the purpose of the Directing a Project process
- recognize how PRINCE2 principles are supported within the Directing a Project process
- recognize the objectives of the Directing a Project activities
- identify management products used in the Directing a Project process
Initiating a Project
- identify the purpose of Initiating a Project process
- identify the four management strategy documents created during the Initiating a Project process
- match management products used in the Initiating a Project process with corresponding characteristics