Static Techniques and Test Design in Software Testing
Software developers, technical and user acceptance testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, project managers, quality managers; anyone with an interest in testing.
Working experience with computers; prior experience in either software testing or the software development cycle would be beneficial.
Software systems are increasingly ubiquitous in all aspects of our lives. Failures in these systems can be costly in terms of money, time, and business reputation. Some software failures can even result in personal injury or death. Effective software testing is integral to mitigating harm caused by software failures and providing confidence in software systems. This course covers static techniques in software testing, and test design. This course is one of a series intended to align with the Certified Tester Foundations Level Syllabus (the “Syllabus”). The authors, Thomas Muller (chair), Dorothy Graham, Debra Friedenberg and Erik van Veendendal, and the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) are the source and copyright owners of the Syllabus. The course is intended to help learners prepare for the Foundation Certificate in Software Testing exam (BH0-010) which is provided by the Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), a globally-recognized testing body providing software testing certification. SkillSoft makes no claim to any approval or endorsement of this course by any of the aforementioned parties or other third party.
Static Software Testing Techniques
- recognize how static techniques can be used in software testing
- recognize the difference between static and dynamic software testing techniques
- recognize the differences between the types of reviews in software testing
- identify the phases and roles in a formal review process
- recognize how static analysis could be used in software testing
- recognize how defects can be found with static software techniques
- recognize the benefits of different types of reviews in software testing
Development and Categories of Software Test Design
- recognize key terms used in software test design
- recognize the components of a software test case
- recognize how a software test procedure specification is designed
- evaluate test case quality and create test procedures from test cases
- recognize when to use the different dynamic software testing techniques