Synchronizing Data and Managing ADO.NET 4 Applications with C# 2010
All organizations or individual consultants who are building or intend to build .NET Framework 4 applications with ADO.NET, Visual Studio 2010 and C# 2010; corporate employees, consultants, and university or college students who are preparing for the Technology Specialist: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Exam 70-516.
Thorough knowledge of software-development concepts and the process of building business applications; experience building applications with the Microsoft .NET Framework; working experience of Visual Studio 2010 and Visual C# 2010.
Microsoft Sync Framework allows developers to create applications with the ability to display up-to-date data at all times. The course examines how to enable efficient, remote use of data using the Microsoft Sync Framework database synchronization API. This course also demonstrates how to deploy, monitor, and secure ADO.NET applications.
This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Technology Specialist: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Exam 70-516. Passing this exam will earn the learner credit towards the MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access certification.
- recognize the benefits and uses of caching and synchronization as provided by the Microsoft Sync Framework database synchronization API
- identify the architectural requirements for implementing client and server synchronization
- recognize the uses and benefits of classes used in Synchronization Services
- recognize the steps for creating synchronization tables and groups
- recognize the steps for retrieving an anchor value and creating a synchronization adapter
- recognize the steps for coding statistics and events
- recognize the steps for building a basic synchronization-enabled application
- recognize the steps for configuring the cache for synchronization using Microsoft Sync Framework
- code the synchronization providers
- code the synchronization agent
- code statistics and events
- call the Synchronization method
Managing ADO.NET Applications
- deploy standard ADO.NET applications
- deploy Entity Framework applications
- recognize key considerations when deploying WCF Data Services applications
- implement tracing
- view generated SQL
- collect statistics
- recognize key security considerations when designing ADO.NET applications
- describe the cryptographic primitives used in application cryptography
- use hashing and digital signatures
- deploy a standard ADO.NET application
- implement tracing
- deploy an Entity Framework application
- hash a password