Talent Management: Planning
Individuals who want to develop their talent management skills
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Have you ever asked yourself how well your department or division manages talent? To determine this, you need to have a clear understanding of how your organization defines its workforce requirements and what processes are in place for attracting, developing, and retaining the right people. Then you can create a plan for meeting your talent needs that align with the overall goals of the organization. This course describes some of the challenges of managing talent, which you should keep in mind as you create your talent plan. It discusses how your talent needs are impacted by various factors in the organization. The course also describes the components of a talent plan the road map for attracting and keeping the types of people your organization desires. Materials designed to support blended learning activities aligned with this course are available from the Resources Page.
Talent Management Planning
- recognize the challenges you might face relative to managing talent in your organization
- identify what an organization needs to have in place for its talent management efforts to be successful
- determine how your talent needs are impacted by various factors in the organization
- identify the benefits of being able to determine your talent needs
- identify components of a comprehensive talent management plan that will enable it to act as a road map to attract and retain the right people for your organization