Testing Throughout the Software Life Cycle
Software developers, technical and user acceptance testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, project managers, quality managers; anyone with an interest in testing.
Working experience with computers; prior experience in either software testing or the software development cycle would be beneficial.
Software systems are increasingly ubiquitous in all aspects of our lives. Failures in these systems can be costly in terms of money, time, and business reputation. Some software failures can even result in personal injury or death. Effective software testing is integral to mitigating harm caused by software failures and providing confidence in software systems. This course covers software testing throughout the software lifecycle. This course is one of a series intended to align with the Certified Tester Foundations Level Syllabus (the “Syllabus”). The authors, Thomas Muller (chair), Dorothy Graham, Debra Friedenberg and Erik van Veendendal, and the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) are the source and copyright owners of the Syllabus. The course is intended to help learners prepare for the Foundation Certificate in Software Testing exam (BH0-010) which is provided by the Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), a globally-recognized testing body providing software testing certification. SkillSoft makes no claim to any approval or endorsement of this course by any of the aforementioned parties or other third party.
Software Development Models and Testing
- recognize how software testing relates to the development life cycle
- identify software test levels
- recognize how component testing works
- recognize how integration testing works
- recognize how system testing works
- recognize how acceptance testing works
- evaluate software defects and test levels
Software Test Types
- recognize how functional software testing works
- recognize how non-functional software testing works
- recognize how structural software testing works
- recognize how change-based software testing works
- recognize how maintenance software testing works
- evaluate test types