The Aerospace & Defense Industry Overview: Version 2
Consulting houses, industry investors, and all size companies that sell products or services to other sectors and industries; organizations looking for knowledge and key business information in the aerospace & defense industry
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The aerospace and defense sector is an international multi-billion dollar industry. Key stakeholders include aircraft and aircraft component manufacturers, civil and military avionics service providers, governments, and privately funded research and development organizations. These organizations deliver aircraft and their components, as well as software and systems, such as modeling and simulation software, and data management, navigation, and surveillance systems. This industry is subject to a high level of government regulation, particularly the defense sector. As it adapts to the entrance of new global companies, the industry is moving towards a highly globalized supply chain.
This course is designed to help learners understand the key concepts, terminology, issues, and challenges of the aerospace and defense industry, and to summarize the strategies employed to meet some of those challenges. It will review the two main sectors of aerospace and defense, as well as the many subsectors within this industry. The course will also examine the industry’s business drivers and review its competitive environment and current trends. Finally, this course outlines some of the industry’s key organizational challenges.
This course was updated in 2015.
The Aerospace and Defense Industry
- identify the main drivers of the aerospace and defense industry
- match aerospace and defense industry sectors with their products and services
- sequence the aerospace and defense industry value chain
- identify the top five competitors in the aerospace and defense industry
- recognize examples of the current aerospace and defense industry trends
- recognize examples of the aerospace and defense industry challenges
- match the appropriate strategy to address each aerospace and defense industry challenge