The AODA: Integrated Accessibility Standards
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Created to provide a high-level awareness of an organization’s obligations under the AODA’s Integrated Accessibility Standards, this course includes instruction on and practical examples of the general requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards, and its Employment Standard and Information & Communications Standards. This is a companion course to the previously developed Skillsoft course on the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, which is another set of standards found in the Integrated Accessibility Standards, and is intended for private sector employers in Ontario with 50 or more employees.
The information contained in these training materials is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or other professional advice. Participating in this training program or reading these training materials does not create a lawyer-client relationship with Sherrard Kuzz LLP or with any other legal provider. Participants/readers are advised to seek specific legal advice from members of Sherrard Kuzz LLP (or alternate legal counsel) in relation to any decision or course of action contemplated.
Integrated Accessibility Standards
- identify general requirements under the Integrated Accessibility Standards
- recognize benefits of complying with the AODA Accessibility Standards
- recognize how to comply with the Information and Communications Standard
- recognize when the Employment Standard has been applied to foster accessibility for candidates and employees
- recognize the essential characteristics of an accommodation plan