The Automotive Industry Overview: Version 4
Consulting houses, industry investors, and all size companies that sell products or services to other sectors and industries; organizations looking for knowledge and key business information in the automotive industry
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Historically, the automotive industry has been a driver of economic activity in many economies. However, the industry has gone through some dramatic changes in the last few years as major manufacturers and suppliers have had to reorganize themselves to meet changing needs and expectations. In the unrelenting push for lower costs and operational efficiency, automotive companies are finding themselves in a fiercely competitive global marketplace. The industry continues to reinvent itself by improving manufacturing processes, introducing new vehicles, and incorporating green technology into its latest products. Understanding the industry structure and its constantly changing dynamics is vital to anyone who has an interest in the automotive industry.
This course provides a high level overview of the automotive industry structure, its key sectors, and its business model. It also presents a report on the state of affairs and insights into key automotive challenges such as global and domestic competition, cost pressures, and the sustainability of fossil fuels. Finally, the course reflects on some strategic solutions that industry players are using to overcome these challenges.
This course was updated in 2015.
The Automotive Industry
- identify the main drivers of the automotive industry
- match automotive supplier business sectors with their products and services
- recognize statements that describe the business model of the automotive industry
- classify key competitors in the automotive industry
- recognize examples of current industry trends
- recognize examples of automotive industry challenges
- match the appropriate strategy to address each automotive industry challenge