The Chemicals Industry Overview: Version 2
Consulting houses, industry investors, and all size companies that sell products or services to other sectors and industries; organizations looking for knowledge and key business information in the chemicals industry
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The chemicals industry is comprised of thousands of companies throughout the world that use basic raw materials to produce chemicals that have commercial value to consumers and other industries. These chemicals are used to produce plastics, synthetic fibers, lightweight automobile parts, fertilizers, cosmetics, household materials, computers, and many more products. High energy consumption, high prices of raw materials, diminishing returns, and sustainability are among the challenges that companies in this industry face. They are addressing these challenges by improving existing processes, applying new supply chain management techniques, expanding the specialty chemicals business, and developing industrial biotechnology.
This course is designed to help learners understand key concepts, terminology, issues, and challenges associated with the chemicals industry. It will identify the main sectors of the chemicals industry and its business drivers, and review the key aspects of the industry business model, its competitive environment, and the current trends in the industry. Finally, this course outlines some key challenges that this industry is facing and presents common strategies that the players in the industry are adopting to overcome its challenges.
This course was updated in 2015.
The Chemicals Industry
- identify the main drivers of the chemicals industry
- match chemicals industry sectors with their products
- recognize statements that describe the chemicals industry business model
- match key competitors in the chemicals industry to their descriptions
- recognize examples of current industry trends in the chemicals industry
- recognize examples of challenges the chemicals industry faces
- identify the appropriate strategies for addressing chemicals industry challenges