The Fundamentals of Globalization: The Global Context
Executives, managers, supervisors, team leaders, and other business professionals operating in global organizations who want to support or manage globalization-focused activities within their organizations
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Globalization has been defined in many ways, but a common theme is the freer movement of people, goods, services, and ideas around the world. In a globalized world, national borders become porous, as connections between people and organizations are transformed by ever-changing cultural and economic forces. This course focuses on the significance of the global context for business organizations. You’ll find out how the social, economic, and political dimensions of globalization affect how organizations work. You’ll also learn what’s causing the acceleration of globalization, what implications this has for your organization, and the different ways that companies can globalize. Finally, the course highlights the strengths that are important for a company to have in the global context.
The Global Context
- distinguish between economic, political, and social globalization
- match levels of globalization with descriptions
- describe the implications of globalization for business organizations
- determine which global characteristics apply to a company in a given scenario
- describe the strengths a company needs to be successful in the global context