The Manufacturing Industry Overview: Version 4
Consulting houses, industry investors, and all size companies that sell products or services to other sectors and industries; organizations looking for knowledge and key business information in the manufacturing industry
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The manufacturing industry produces a broad range of products for its customers in a fast-paced, consumer-driven environment. Comprised of a wide variety of industry players and stakeholders, this industry develops the fastest methods available to produce and deliver products to meet customer demands. Manufacturers produce vehicles, building materials, household products, textiles, pharmaceutical drugs, toys, and a wide range of other products that customers require. They are dependent on finding the materials, workforce and best methods to manufacture products quickly, at a competitive price, to meet the constant changes in consumer demand.
This course is designed to help learners understand key concepts, terminology, and issues associated with the manufacturing industry. It will identify the main sectors of the manufacturing industry and its business drivers, and review the key aspects of the industry business model, its competitive environment and the current trends in the industry. Finally this course outlines some key challenges that this industry is facing and presents common strategies that the players in the industry are adopting to overcome its challenges.
This course was updated in 2015.
The Manufacturing Industry
- identify the main drivers of the manufacturing industry
- match manufacturing industry sectors with their activities
- recognize the manufacturing industry business model
- classify key competitors in the manufacturing industry by sector
- recognize examples of current manufacturing industry trends
- recognize examples of manufacturing industry challenges
- categorize strategies for overcoming manufacturing industry challenges