The People and Planning in Marketing
Anyone who wants to develop or refine their marketing skills.
The elements of the traditional marketing mix form important strategic cornerstones of any marketing activity. However, this traditional marketing mix fails to address two very important aspects of marketing: planning and people. In this course, you’ll learn about the importance of linking marketing activities to an organization’s overall strategic objectives and the difference between strategic and tactical marketing. You’ll also learn about the key planning activities: market research, budgeting, development and execution, and evaluation. Finally, the importance of employee engagement and internal branding are also discussed as the key aspects of the people element.
Planning and People
- recognize the differences between strategic and tactical marketing plans
- identify the advantages of planning marketing at a strategic level
- describe the difference between quantitative and qualitative market research
- match discretionary marketing costs to their budget categories
- recognize guidelines on how to develop and execute a marketing plan
- identify how to evaluate your marketing plan
- recognize how companies can include employees in the marketing mix
- recognize the roles of planning and people in the marketing mix