The Pharmaceutical Industry Overview: Version 5
Consulting houses, industry investors, and all size companies that sell products or services to other sectors and industries; organizations looking for knowledge and key business information in the pharmaceutical industry
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The pharmaceutical industry provides an extensive range of medications to consumers throughout the world. Comprised of a variety of stakeholders, this industry is dependent on discovering and developing medicines, manufacturing these products commercially and marketing them to health officials or consumers. Industry players adopt unique strategies to overcome the many challenges they face in addressing the prevalent health issues of our times.
This course is designed to help learners understand key concepts, terminology, issues, and challenges associated with the pharmaceutical industry, and strategies employed to meet some of those challenges. It will identify the main sectors of the pharmaceutical industry and its business drivers, and review the key aspects of the industry business model, its competitive environment, and the current trends in the industry. Finally this course outlines some key challenges that this industry is facing and presents common strategies that the players in the industry are adopting to overcome its challenges.
This course was updated in 2015.
The Pharmaceutical Industry
- identify the main drivers of the pharmaceutical industry
- match pharmaceutical industry sectors with their capabilities
- recognize the pharmaceutical industry business model
- match key competitors in the pharmaceutical industry with their descriptions
- recognize examples of current pharmaceutical industry trends
- recognize examples of pharmaceutical industry challenges
- match the appropriate strategy to address each pharmaceutical industry challenge