Thinking Strategically as a Manager
Functional managers, professionals, departmental leaders, and all individuals in key roles who want to develop or refine their strategic thinking skills and learn about issues relating to risk and risk management
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
It’s important that all professionals in an organization learn how to think strategically in order to help them in their management tasks. This course explores the characteristics of strategic thinking as well as the traits you need to be an effective strategic thinker. It also covers how to develop your capacity for thinking strategically though being creative, being prepared to deal with complexity, and being aware of what’s going on inside and outside your organization.
Learning to Think Strategically
- recognize characteristics of strategic thinking
- recall traits of strategic thinkers
- recognize techniques you can use to develop a clear vision in order to enhance strategic thinking
- identify methods of becoming a strategic thinker through being creative
- select ways of dealing with complexity in order to become a strategic thinker
- recognize strategic thinking techniques involving knowing what’s going on in your organization
- use methods to develop your strategic thinking skills