Time Management: Ready, Set FOCUS!
Anyone at any level in a company who wants to get some practical guidance for how to manage their time
You may have a strong sense of your priorities, an organized desktop, and a well-planned routine, but none of that will get the job done. Now it’s up to you to focus and do it. Many challenges will arise that threaten your focus: distractions, messages, drop-in visitors, competing tasks; not to mention internal saboteurs like temptation, multi-tasking, and procrastination. Any of these can derail your attention and deplete your time, leaving you feeling ineffective and overwhelmed. How do you focus? In this course, you’ll learn how to use both personal and interpersonal skills in very specific ways to keep yourself on track for accomplishing your goals. You’ll find out how to manage your internal focus deficiencies, make your environment work for you, gracefully decline requests when you need to, and refocus when circumstances change. Get ready to get things done.
Focus, Focus, Focus
- recognize tactics for managing specific personal focus challenges
- identify strategies for minimizing distractions in your environment
- select the most effective response for declining a request
- strategically adjust your focus in response to changing circumstances
- recognize techniques for regaining focus
- maintain your focus on a task despite internal and external challenges