Troubleshooting IE8 and Encryption Issues in Windows 7
This course is aimed at individuals with experience working in Windows networked environments who are undertaking high level Windows desktop administration certification, and possibly Windows Server Enterprise Support certification. The customer base will also include companies using Microsoft Windows desktop and server systems that need their IT staff certified to a high level.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course provides the desktop support technician with an overview of managing Internet Explorer 8, in particular, in relation to browser security features such as Enhanced Security Configuration, Security Zones, Trusted Sites, and Protected Mode. Also included are guidelines on how to handle ActiveX controls and browser add-ons. These types of add-ons can often cause errors or unexpected behavior. In addition, the basics of securing sites with certificates and solving certificate errors are covered.
Also covered are two key encryption processes used on client machines – the Encrypting File System (EFS), BitLocker and BitLocker To Go. It provides an overview of EFS and control of the EFS status can be used as a troubleshooting tool. Its also important to understand the effect of using BitLocker on client systems; know how this technology verifies system integrity and what circumstances may require BitLocker to be suspended.
This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Microsoft exam: 70-685 Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician. Passing this exam will earn the learner Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician certification.
Troubleshooting Internet Explorer 8 Issues
- troubleshoot issues caused by the enhanced security features of Internet Explorer 8
- configure Internet Explorer Add-ons and ActiveX controls
- recognize common approaches to addressing Internet Explorer problems
- configure Internet Explorers security settings for a given scenario
- adjust the startup status of Internet Explorer Add-ons
- determine solutions to given Internet Explorer problems
Troubleshooting Encryption Issues
- modify the encryption state of a file in a given scenario
- authorize multiple user access to encrypted files in a given scenario
- identify the features of BitLocker and BitLocker to Go
- suspend BitLocker on a client system
- troubleshoot Encrypting File System related file access issues
- propose a disk security solution for a given scenario
- deactivate BitLocker on a drive