Troubleshooting Logon and Resource Access Issues in Windows 7
This course is aimed at individuals with experience working in Windows networked environments who are undertaking high-level Windows desktop administration certification, and possibly Windows Server Enterprise Support certification. The customer base will also include companies using Microsoft Windows desktop and server systems that need their IT staff certified to a high level.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The desktop support technician is often called upon to help with logon problems and to set up or resolve issues with resource access. Logon errors can be caused by simple issues such as network connectivity or use of incorrect credentials, an inability to contact authenticating servers, account misconfigurations, or even name resolution. This course provides technicians with an understanding of the authentication and authorization process, and the various user account policies and settings that can restrict the logon event. It also covers troubleshooting printer access, working with problems with file and printer sharing, and the role of User Account Credentials in causing local or network resource access issues. The course describes how account auditing can be used to troubleshoot some logon or access problems, and the role Credential Manager plays in accessing network or Internet resources using Windows 7.
This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Microsoft exam: 70-685 Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician. Passing this exam will earn the learner Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician certification.
Troubleshooting Logon and Access Issues
- classify the causes of logon issues
- recognize the authentication methods supported by Windows 7
- specify the level of User Account Control prompts in Windows 7 for a given scenario
- add credentials to Credential Manager
- enable account auditing for a given scenario
- recognize commonly taken steps to troubleshoot name resolution related resource access issues
- reconnect to a shared resource in a given scenario
- propose solutions to the causes of logon issues
- manage user account credentials
- troubleshoot access to network resources
Troubleshooting Network Printer Issues
- choose the most appropriate printer troubleshooting solution for a given scenario
- identify how to troubleshoot common network printing problems
- apply printer troubleshooting principles to a given scenario
- solving common network printing problems