UCSID-BC – UCS Implementation and Design Boot Camp v5.0
If you already understand the basics of Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System) Server architecture and want to complete a Cisco UCS based certification, then this is the course for you. This course is entirely focused on giving you as much clarity and foundation as possible to prepare for the DCUCD and DCUCI exams, all in a five-day period.
Once you complete this course, reinforce your knowledge with self-study and finally pass the DCUCD and DCUCI exams you would have completed the requirements for the Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design Specialist certification.
We will review the core material from the DCUCD and DCUCI courses as well as over 17 labs, all to help you prepare for certification. The lab environment includes a Nexus 5k Core, a pair of Fabric Interconnects, both B-Series and C-Series Servers, Microsoft Hyper-V (2008 or 2012), VMware vSphere (v4.x or 5.x), the Cisco Nexus 1000v and Cisco UCS Manager VM-FEX.
If you have a need to back-up your knowledge with certification but cannot dedicate as much as 9 days in 2 separate classes then this course is a perfect fit for you and your schedule.
The course hours are 8:00am – 6:00pm each day so that you can receive the most complete training experience possible and to ensure you have time to absorb and fully grasp the in-depth content that will be covered.
In this course, you will receive:
- Free exam voucher for DCUCI 5.0
- Free exam voucher for DCUCD 5.0
From a design perspective, we will:
- Extensively review Cisco’s six-step design lifecycle
- Review a detailed process for picking the ideal C-Series and B-Series components
- Review Cisco UCS Data Center products as well as their placement and operation
- Cover the architecture, components, connectivity, and features of Cisco UCS
- Outline key details to gather as you migrate to a Virtualized Data Center and install different solutions on a UCS infrastructure
From an implementation perspective, we will:
- Review the initial setup and configuring of each Cisco UCS components
- Review LAN and SAN modes of operations and connectivity options
- Detail all aspects of a server build through a service profile and various server related templates and policies
- Discuss proper Bare Metal OS or Hypervisor installations
- Fully install and configure a vSphere environment
- Install and configure Cisco’s Nexus 1000v
- Install and configure Cisco’s UCS Manager VM-FEX
- Review how to administer your UCS environment through logging, AAA, and monitoring
- System engineers, administrators, and technicians who implement Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers
- Individuals interested in dedicating their time to preparing for the Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design Specialist exam