Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2016 (M10986)
Update your SQL Server skills with this introduction to the new features of SQL Server 2016. YouÍll learn the new features for performance, security, availability and scalability, reporting and Power BI, data access, and SQL Server OLAP, and youÍll learn about new SQL Server cloud functionality.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 10986: Upgrading Your Skills to SQL Server 2016.
- Key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016.
- New and enhanced features of SQL Server performance.
- New and enhanced features of SQL Server security.
- New features in SQL Server availability and scalability.
- New and enhanced features in reporting and Power BI in SQL Server 2016.
- New and enhanced features of data access.
- New and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP.
- New SQL Server cloud functionality.
- Database professionals with experience in SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016.
- Those holding MCSA: SQL Server certification who want to prepare for the upcoming upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
In addition to your professional experience, you should have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
1. Introduction to SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
2. WhatÍs New in SQL Server Performance
- Columnstore Indexes for Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- The Query Data Store
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
3. WhatÍs New in SQL Server Security?
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
4. WhatÍs New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- WhatÍs New in Database Caching?
- Using Windows Server 2016
5. WhatÍs New in SQL Server Reporting and BI?
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
6. WhatÍs New in SQL Server Data Access?
- Enhancements to Integration Services
7. New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- WhatÍs New in SQL Server Analysis Services
8. WhatÍs New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- WhatÍs New in SQL Server Azure Database