Employees whose job activities include the operation of motor vehicles
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Driving in urban areas presents a different set of hazards to drivers as compared to highway driving. Red lights, intersections, traffic, distracted drivers, and pedestrians are just some of the hazards the urban driver will encounter. This course will teach you how to safely drive through urban areas, how to enter and exit traffic, how to navigate intersections, and how to react to traffic signals. You’ll also learn how to share the road safely with pedestrians and bicyclists.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
- describe how to enter and exit traffic safely
- determine the best way to negotiate an intersection
- recognize how to correctly respond to traffic lights
- recognize an urban driver’s responsibilities towards pedestrians
- follow best practice to safely share the road with bicyclists