Using Excel 2010 to Collaborate Online and with Other Office Applications
End users seeking proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel 2010 at a power user level, who are familiar with spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, and online work environments
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Being able to collaborate with other users to efficiently disseminate information and complete projects is crucial in today’s business environment. Excel 2010 provides numerous tools geared specifically toward collaboration, including Excel Web App and integration with SharePoint that allows for data to be easily exported. Excel 2010 data can also be linked to or embedded in other Office 2010 files, and other Office 2010 data can be linked to or embedded into Excel 2010 to create robust and professional content. This course explores the new Excel Web App, including information on the Web App interface, its limitations, and how to access the full version of Excel 2010 from within it. In addition, this course covers exporting data from a SharePoint list to Excel, and exporting data from Excel into a SharePoint list. Linking Office 2010 content to and embedding Office 2010 content in Excel workbooks is also covered.
Collaborating Using Excel 2010
- identify scenarios appropriate for using Excel Web App
- export data from Excel to SharePoint
- export data from SharePoint to Excel
- paste the contents of another Office file into an Excel worksheet
- add an Office document to an Excel worksheet
- manage linked Office files in Excel
- use Excel 2010 with other applications