Using Internet Explorer 11: Security Considerations
Employees at all levels of an enterprise seeking to attain proficiency by experiencing the new and updated features of Internet Explorer 11.
It is vitally important for the user to know which settings allow a safer browsing experience. This course also covers ActiveX control filtering and pop-ups, as well as form completion on the Web and the impacts thereof. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers Internet Explorer 11.
- start the course
- define what an ActiveX control is and how it could affect interaction with content
- adjust Internet Explorer 11 settings to have a safer browsing experience
- adjust settings to turn ActiveX Filtering on and off in Internet Explorer 11
- enable settings to automatically prompt for ActiveX Controls in Internet Explorer 11
- determine the preferred level of blocking pop-ups in Internet Explorer 11
- block all pop-ups, including on Local Intranet or Trusted Site security zones, in Internet Explorer 11
- determine when to turn on pop-up blocker or turn off pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer 11
- turn off notifications when pop-ups are blocked in Internet Explorer 11
- configure settings in Internet Explorer 11 to enable personal information to populate automatically when filling out forms on the Web
- recognize when to use the AutoComplete feature in Internet Explorer 11
Practice: Security Considerations in IE11
- configure Pop-up blocker and ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer 11