Viewing and Navigating Data with ADO.NET 4 DataSets Using C# 2010
All organizations or individual consultants who are building or intend to build .NET Framework 4 applications with ADO.NET, Visual Studio 2010, and Visual C# 2010; corporate employees, consultants, and university or college students who are preparing for the Technology Specialist: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Exam 70-516.
Thorough knowledge of software-development concepts and the process of building business applications; experience building applications with the Microsoft .NET Framework; working experience of Visual Studio 2010 and Visual C# 2010
The ability to view and navigate data in an efficient fashion is vital to any robust data application. This course explains how to accomplish this using ADO.NET DataSets and Visual C# 2010. Specific topics covered include how to manage and constrain data relationships in a DataSet using DataRelation objects and ForeignKeyConstraints, and accessing and manipulating data using DataViews and the DataViewManager.
This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Technology Specialist: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Exam 70-516. Passing this exam will earn the learner the MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access certification.
Defining DataSet Relations with Visual C# 2010
- identify the steps for adding a DataRelation object and specifying settings for the ForeignKeyConstraint object
- recognize the uses of DataRelation objects
- recognize the steps for navigating a DataRelation object
- create a DataRelation object
- apply foreign key constraint rules
- navigate related DataTables
Manipulating DataTable Rows with Visual C# 2010
- recognize the code for using a DataTableReader to iterate over result sets
- recognize the code for using the Select and Find methods to access DataTable data
- use the Compute method to perform an aggregate calculation on a subset of DataTable columns
- identify the steps for creating a DataView
- identify the appropriate method to use to view, access, or locate data in a DataView in a given scenario
- recognize the code for editing a DataView
- identify the steps for using a DataViewManager to apply default and custom settings to a number of DataViews
- create a DataView
- edit a DataView
- configure DataView settings