Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Modern industry relies heavily on warehouses as distribution hubs for material goods. Goods are stored, usually temporarily, in warehouses as they make their way to their final destination for example, retail or commercial customers. This constant turnover of materials makes for a very busy environment where the use of equipment, climbing, the use of ladders, and the storage of materials and dangerous chemicals present potential safety hazards. This course explores the typical hazards you’re likely to be exposed to in a warehouse and offers advice on how to protect yourself.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
Preventing Warehouse Hazards
- recognize ways to prevent the hazards associated with forklift operation and batteries
- recognize ways to prevent hazards on loading docks
- recognize actions to take to protect against the hazards associated with pedestrian traffic, ergonomics, and cuts
- recognize ways to prevent hazards associated with ladders and falling from heights
- recognize ways to prevent hazards associated with stored materials and chemicals
- match examples of good housekeeping to good housekeeping practices