Web Services and XML
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Since XML provides a language that can be used on various platforms and by a variety of applications, it is an ideal way for web services to send information back and forth. This course will examine the key role that XML plays in the creation and use of web services and its various elements. Specific topics include using SOAP, WSDL, REST, and security.
Basic Uses of Web Services
- recognize how to make an application available on a web site
- differentiate between web service technologies
- recognize how SOAP works
- describe the elements of a WSDL file
- describe the REST architecture
- create a web service and prepare it for consumption
- recognize the security concerns when building web services
- describe the major web service security standards