Workforce Planning and Employment: Orientation, Onboarding, and Exit Strategies
Human resource professionals who are preparing for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification exam
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course examines many of the key elements of an organization’s orientation, onboarding, and exit strategies. It focuses on HR’s role in post-offer employment activities such as relocations and verification of employment status. This course examines the importance of and how to establish effective orientation and onboarding programs and how to ensure they remain relevant and effective. Retention strategies and supporting efforts are examined in detail, along with their direct correlation with organizational success. Finally, the course will provide direction on key organizational exit processes and procedures such as terminations, restructuring, and reductions in force (RIF).
This course helps prepare individuals for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) PHR and SPHR certification examinations.
Orientation, Onboarding, and Exit Strategies
- recognize how to help employees cope with relocation
- identify key considerations for developing a customized relocation analysis
- identify Form I-9 compliance requirements
- identify employment activities that can potentially lead to civil and criminal penalties
- identify components of effective employee onboarding programs
- recognize how to deal with challenges commonly encountered when implementing onboarding programs
- recognize how to measure the success of employee onboarding programs
- identify types of job-related information kept in common personnel files
- recognize effective strategies that help drive retention
- describe the steps to implement a retention program
- identify examples of succession planning program assessments
- recognize how key federal laws apply to downsizing
- recognize common severance package benefits
- identify key considerations when preparing for termination meetings
- identify methods that optimize exit interviews