Workforce Planning and Employment: Recruitment Strategies
Human resource professionals who are preparing for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification exam
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course focuses on job analysis and recruitment strategies. The process of analyzing and documenting job descriptions is an important step in workforce development. HR professionals need to be able to establish key criteria for hiring, retention, and promotion, and understand how to approach recruitment efforts strategically in order to help achieve key organizational objectives. This course will concentrate on these important skills as well as techniques for approaching and securing staffing alternatives, and for internal skills and labor market assessments and analysis. This course helps prepare individuals for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) PHR and SPHR certification examinations.
- identify common methods for conducting a job analysis
- identify key competencies of a position
- identify the elements required to develop and update job descriptions
- identify examples of essential job functions
- use key hiring criteria terminology appropriately
- identify guidelines for establishing hiring criteria
- identify examples of appropriate activities to retain employees
- identify key elements of promotional policies
- recognize activities performed in each stage of recruitment strategy
- recognize examples of staffing alternatives
- describe the focus of each element of a labor market assessment